Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Tests

Today is day 9 in the quest for getting treatment for Adam. Yesterday on day 8 a PICC line was inserted into a vein in his arm. His dad and I were with him while the procedure was done. Adam said that it didn't hurt. His flu shot hurt worse!

I have talked to the oncologist today and the surgeon. It looks like the lung procedure will be done on Monday. I have to be honest that I hope that the less invasive procedure will be enough to put this question about his lung to rest.

We were able to go on a four hour leave today. We went home and Adam was able to see his friends. It was good to see him smiling. They are good kids and are very concerned about Adam. Living an hour away from the hospital, he didn't have a real extended time to be with them and then we had to drive the hour back. We are hoping for a weekend pass before the biopsy on Monday.

I have heard from several different people, all extending help and support. It's good to have that with all that we are facing right now. I know that Adam misses his regular routine. I keep hoping that things will calm down soon.

No comments: