Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 10 and Some Good News!


We received some good news today. The doctors are not going to be removing the diseased lung, or a biopsy at this time. They are going to start chemotherapy on Saturday. They feel that after two rounds of chemo and possibly a round of radiation, the tumor in the lung should decrease in size. The smaller nodules should also decrease. Once the two rounds of chemo are completed they will then do more tests to determine the results the chemo had, and at that time if they feel the treatments are not working they will then take more more invasive option of surgical removal.

This is good news to Adam, as he was NOT looking forward to surgery. I do not think the doctors wanted to really do surgery either as they need to keep him strong for the chemo. So tomorrow the first treatment of chemotherapy will begin. The protocol will be three days of chemo, then possibly home on the fourth day. Return for tests on the eighth day and then the second round of chemo will take place 21 days after the last. So according to my calendar, the 2nd round of chemo should take place around the 30th or 31st of December. So it looks like Christmas will be spared any trips to the hospital!

I have been sick for a couple days myself, a really bad cold and sore throat, so I did not go to the hospital today, but I will be there tomorrow, with a mask on, as I know he is going to need us there.

You can give you well wishes via leaving a comment on any blog post or you can email Adam directly at atw1993@gmail.com I know he would appreciate your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam,

I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers as you go through the chemo process. Keep the faith & lean on those who love you as they will give you strength for the battle.

Arlene Broyles (Drew's mom)

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy! We are praying for you. Keep strong and know that you will make it through this!