Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scans

Adam went for his scans on March 2. I got a phone call from the doctor who said that the scans showed some shrinkage but at the time of the phone call he didn't have specific numbers for me. When we go in for chemo they should have all the information from the CT, PETT, and x-rays.

We are 2/3 of the finished with chemo, only two more rounds and then radiation. Adam is starting to get excited about the prospect of being finished. He is doing school work with a homebound tutor now and we are trying to see if he is going to get caught up with his classmates.

We go back to the hospital for a chemo admit this week. I can say that I'm very thankful to be living this close (one hour) to the hospital. Some people that we've met have traveled a very long distance to come to this hospital.

Adam is doing well overall. He has an infection somewhere and is on antibiotics. I'm just glad that this didn't put off his chemo and he didn't have to go into the hospital for IV antibiotics. I will log back on and give an update about his scans after we get more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Adam. You're doing great!