Monday, January 5, 2009

Getting down to business........

Adam came home from his dad's yesterday. It was really good to see him and know that he is feeling so good. The prednisone is doing the trick when it comes to his appetite! He is like a bottomless pit! But, I am not complaining. The more that he eats, the better because it is weight that he needs to keep up with the chemo.

We go McCullough today to get labs drawn. I'm praying that his counts are good enough to stop the GCSF. I hate giving him shots! I can do everything else that we have to do but it is so hard for me to give him a shot. It just hurts me in my heart to think that I have to do it but we do it because it will help him.

We go to clinic tomorrow (Tuesday) for day 8 chemo. Vincristine and Bleo (yuck!). Adam did really well last time and I'm praying that tomorrow goes as well. If the weather isn't bad, Adam will get to drive to the hospital but not drive back. The doctors will prescribe some Zofran or Ativan and he can't drive after he takes them.

This will be the first port access since we came home from the hospital. Adam seems to be doing great with the port. He is just complaining a little that it feels like a sore muscle. Hopefully, the soreness will wear off soon.

Now about getting back to business....... Adam has to get going on his schoolwork. We have a school meeting scheduled for the 9th and he needs to get his work finished. The last bit of math homework we haven't had a chance to even look at because the teacher didn't come in to our room this last hospital trip. But, I'm sure that he will get it done even if I have to prod him a little bit!

No comments: